JACK NEEDS OUR HELP

Jack with his little box of memories

Miami
Lawyer Jack Thompson to Run for President of  The Florida Bar

Just as Ronald Reagan ran for and became President of the Screen Actors Guild to wrest control of SAG from the extreme leftists and Communists who sought to control and subvert it, Jack Thompson today announces his candidacy to lead The Florida Bar as its elected President.  The Bar’s Officers, like SAG before it, have become little more than an ideological cabal that seeks to turn the Bar even more than it already is into the legal aid arm of the liberal lunatic fringe.

Thompson must submit by December 15 signatures of only one percent of the 84,000 members of The Florida Bar to be on the ballot for President-Elect of The Bar.  If elected to that post by Florida lawyers, Thompson would become President in June 2010, after serving as President-Elect from June 2009.  Between now and December 15, Thompson will secure those 840 signatures, come Hell or high water.

Contact Jack  Thompson for more information at 305-666-4366 and amendmentone@comcast.net.

• Trackbacks are closed for this post.
Comments
  • 7/6/2008 10:28 PM What If wrote:
    What if we gave a jack story and no one came, said anything but just totally ignored this moron of mayhem, oh yeah this is the same guy who announced his candidacy against judge friedman when he held jack in contempt, hey jackie boy and i do mean boy, you have to be a lawyer to run for prez of the florida bar, and guess what ? you ain't gonna be a lawyer no much longer man.
  • 7/6/2008 10:30 PM Anonymous wrote:
    "The vile person shall be no more called liberal, nor the churl said to be bountiful." (Isaiah 32:5)

Jack is said churl.
  • 7/6/2008 10:35 PM BearDogg-X wrote:
    Wow, yet another attempt by Thompson to save his job. :rollseyes:

Seems to me like he has really gone beyond pathetic.

Practice what you preach, Jack: Grow up and get a life.
  • 7/6/2008 10:49 PM Dog Welder wrote:
    Dumb question, but can you become the president of the Bar if you're no longer a member of the Bar?
  • 7/6/2008 11:17 PM FRAT STUD wrote:
    Guys at my high school would run for president of student council all the time, it was no big deal.
  • 7/7/2008 2:38 AM lemme get this straight wrote:
    ... so this moron who loudly announces his overwhelming joy for every youngster shot dead, lies through his teeth about video games he's never seen in his life supposedly being the direct cause of the world's ills, actively wishes death on anyone better educated than him, prides himself on doin a worse job at 'protecting the children' than pedophiles, and is currently facing a 10 year disbarment for fraud, deceit, lying to the court... well, being himself, is wanting our help to become the president of the same Florida bar which he's repeatedly tried to sue for insane reasons and now wants him kicked out for giving actual lawyers everywhere such a bad name.

... no, dammit, that doesn't even start to make sense. subcreatures like him need to be smacked by a bus, not praised for their monstrous behavior. and what the hell's with the 'amentmentone' email? jacks been completely against the first amendment for what, 20 years now?
  • 7/7/2008 6:44 AM JackDon'tKnowJack wrote:
    Jack's not running for a position with the Florida Bar. He's running from the position he's in with the Florida Bar (i.e., bent-over, butt-naked, not a scrap of Vaseline in sight).

Run, Jack, run!!!
  • 7/7/2008 6:59 AM Anonymous wrote:
    You've got my vote Jack. Run like there ain't no tomorrow! Love, Craig.
  • 7/7/2008 7:04 AM Jack Thompson, Attorney wrote:
    Thanks for posting this. The offers to sign the petition are now coming in, as the liberals who people this site would not comprehend why.

I suggest an excellent bio of Reagan by Peggy Noonan, When Character Was King, which explains the SAG days of Reagan.

Can I win? You should see the emails I'm getting. Of course I can win. A recent Bar poll of our members shows the majority are fed up with The Bar, and now even the Florida Supremes are questioning how The Bar is using discipline. Bar President Hank Coxe was told to fix the broken disciplinary machine as Chair of the Special Committee on Discipline, and he refused to do so.

This, then, is what he gets. Is this a great country or what?

I'll see you all at my swearing in.

Jack Thompson, Still and Attorney
  • 7/7/2008 7:26 AM JackDon'tKnowJack wrote:
    @Jack Thompson:

Don't forget to raise specious allegations that Hanke Coxe is a closeted homosexual, demand that he check a box on a multiple-choice questionnaire of his sexual orientation, and, if he so much as brushes against you, insist that he be criminally prosecuted on assualt charges. Time-tested and proven campaign stratergies which produced winning results shouldn't be abandoned.

You should read the biogaphy of Regean's post-presidential life, "When Ronnie Spent All His Time Drooling on Himself, Not Knowing What Day of the Week It Was, Unable to Recognize His Wife and Children." It'll prepare you well for your ultimate destiny.
  • 7/7/2008 7:40 AM DRAGON LADY wrote:
    Nancy ran the Whitehouse, everybody knows that.
  • 7/7/2008 7:45 AM JackDon'tKnowJack wrote:
    @Jack "Loser" Thompson:

If you do win (and the probability of pigs flying come to mind), you'll ruin a perfect losing streak, one of the few distinctions to which you can honestly lay claim. Now, why you wanna go and do that, huh?
  • 7/7/2008 7:49 AM JackDon'tKnowJack wrote:
    @DRAGON LADY:

Patricia runs Jack's house. Everybody knows that. You would, too, if you were the only one in your house with a real income.
  • 7/7/2008 8:15 AM Jack Thompson, Attorney wrote:
    John B. Thompson, Attorney at Law
    5721 Riviera Drive
    Coral Gables, Florida 33146
    305-666-4366
    amendmentone@comcast.net

July 7, 2008

Jack Harkness, Executive Director
    Mary Ellen Bateman
    Florida Bar
    Tallahassee, Florida Via Fax to 850-561-5827

Re: Public Records Request for E-Mail Addresses and Mailing Addresses of All 84,000
    Florida Lawyers

Dear Mr. Harkness and Ms. Bateman:

Pursuant to Florida’s Public Records Law, FS Chapter 119, I hereby formally request a copy of the e-mail and postal addresses of all 84,000+ Florida lawyers.

These are clearly “public records” within the meaning of the statute, as one can randomly retrieve these lawyers’ addresses at www.flabar.org one at a time. Further, they are listed in the Florida Bar Directory.

However, what I seek, in electronic, digital format, are all the e-mail and postal addresses which The Bar readily has in that format, as indicated by the above-noted retrieval search function at The Bar’s site.

Please note that the cost of producing this public information is minimal, if there is any cost at all. If The Bar, in response to this lawful request, puts a ridiculous price tag on providing me with this public information, then I will get a court order against The Bar in the already pending public records law civil action against The Bar.

By the way, how you coming on my other public records law requests that you have been ignoring, in violation of criminal statutes?

Regards, Jack Thompson
  • 7/7/2008 8:20 AM JackDon'tKnowJack wrote:
    @Jack Thompson:

As to your feeble attempt to interject yourself into Sean Conway's disciplinary proceedings, I notice that the Supremes' response was that "[t]he "Motion for Leave to File Amicus Curiae Brief Herein" filed in the above-styled cause by John Bruce Thompson is hereby denied." Thereby ensuring that your prefect losing streak remains intact. Atta boy, Jack. Keep swinging that bat with all your might.

Wanna bet that, unlike your motion, the Florida ACLU's motion for leave to file an curiae brief in Conway's matter is granted? The Court usually doesn't mind hearing the two cents of those who aren't well-established nut-jobs.
  • 7/7/2008 8:34 AM JackDon'tKnowJack wrote:
    @Jack Thompson:

Here's how it works, Jack:

The seller sets the price, not the buyer. You don't get to determine the Florida Bar's costs of providing you with public information. Rather, the Bar gets to set those costs. If you don't like the seller's price, then fell free to take the Florida Bar's Lawyer Directory and have it digitized at your own expense. Or, feel free to seek a court order in your already pending public records law civil action against the Bar -- but I'll bet that December 15th comes and goes without you having obtained said court order.

And what do you care about the costs of production, exhorbitant or not? It ain't your money, it's Patricia's.
  • 7/7/2008 8:35 AM Pominator wrote:
    ...Did Jacko just try to bring TORCHWOOD into his fight?
  • 7/7/2008 8:45 AM JackDon'tKnowJack wrote:
    @Pominator:

That's a different Jack Harkness. But don't be surprised if he one day does try to involve the folks at the Torchwood Institute. He's tried just about everyone else.
  • 7/7/2008 9:06 AM Pominator wrote:
    @JDKJ

Yeah, but it is still hilarious, as I said on GP:

he actually thinks he is capable of running the organisation that has removed him in no small part due to his own incompetence?

"in my day that dog would have been put down!"
    /quote

OF course having said that I think I have just opened myself up to accusations of death threats! XD
  • 7/7/2008 9:12 AM JACK'S BACK wrote:
    Jack, your critics are just jealous of your talent. God knows the Fla. Bar needs a leader like you to ferret out corruption and incompetence. It's right under the surface and I for one have faith in your abilities to deal with it.
  • 7/7/2008 9:17 AM JackDon'tKnowJack wrote:
    @Pominator:

What's truly hilarious is the very real possibility that he will write a letter to Jack Harkness at the Torchwood Institute soliticing their involvement in his fight against the Florida Bar.

Crazy people do crazy things. And Jack long ago lost the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality.
  • 7/7/2008 9:28 AM JackDon'tKnowJack wrote:
    @JACK'S BACK:

The only real talent Jack Thompson has and one which I'll readily confess to begrudging him is his ability to mooch off his wife's earnings rather than getting a real job of his own. Pimping ain't easy. Hoes willing to walk the track ain't a dime a dozen. Trust me, I've looked hard and ain't found none, yet.
  • 7/7/2008 11:24 AM Fed Up - Wake up wrote:
    I will say this. JAABLOG has done alot of good in helping bring about change in Broward. I'm an avid reader.

If, however, you continue to give Thompson undeserved publicity or a venue for him to vent his ramblings, I'm done. Out of here.

STOP STOP STOP posating this crap. It does nothing to add to the credibility of this forum. I am tired of reading about this embarrassment to the practice.
  • 7/7/2008 12:03 PM david lindsey wrote:
    they have so much hate they can't let go.
    all they do is keep jack's agenda going. that's what good old fashion hate will do for u
  • 7/7/2008 12:13 PM Anonymous wrote:
    A public records request for every lawyers address?

How about just picking up the Bar Journal Directory that is published and sent to bar members each year?
  • 7/7/2008 12:23 PM Jack's impending spam prosecution. wrote:
    Jack,

Don't forget to research SPAM laws when you send out that email pleading for those signatures to all 84,000 + email addresses. I'd hate to see you disbarred, reinstated and disbarred again just for that.
  • 7/7/2008 1:46 PM Nightwng2000 wrote:
    Why does he want all the email addresses and postal addresses sent to him electronically? Simple: He's a lazy bum.

No, really. The fact that he didn't specify that they be sent to him in a worksheet/database format is a bit of a surprise. But maybe he thinks he can easily cut and paste from a word processing document.

I seem to recall he was also going to run for judge. But I guess the idea of being held to a loyalty oath that would prevent him from using his bigoted religious bias to make judicial decisions was a bit much.

After all, if one can't abide by honorable ethical rules of conduct, better to run for a position that will allow you to make your own dishonorable, unethical beliefs the rule of law, eh?

Andrew
  • 7/7/2008 1:47 PM Digital Records Take 1 Minute wrote:
    Excuse me, but I must mention that a database can be easily copied and given over in just a matter of minutes. So, the cost of the employee's time vs pay is minimal. I think 1 hour of pay would be sufficient (more than sufficient). Don't complain about Jack, because you also may one day need a 119 request honored.
  • 7/7/2008 2:06 PM Nightwng2000 wrote:
    A LOT of "fees" are fairly randomly chosen.

How much actual work does it take a bank to realize a check is bad? Yet many NSF/Overdraft fees are around $35.

Same for Late Fees.

And how about "reconnect" charges?

A fee for this, a fee for that. Many make absolutely no sense.

Heck, how do you justify some legal filing fees to be over $300?

In the end, you either pay whatever fee someone wants you to pay... or you don't get squat, like it or not.

Andrew
  • 7/7/2008 2:38 PM JackDon'tKnowJack wrote:
    @Digital Records Take 1 Minute:

Jack, idiot that he is, isn't requesting the database in its entirety. Who know what other information beyond snail and email addresses the Bar has included in their database and to which Jack may have no entitlement? Which means the information therein that he isn't requesting and/or isn't entitled to has to be purged prior to production. Which also makes the process more complicated and costly than just duplicating the database. And, moreover, you confuse Jack's 119 request (which is intended solely to unduely burden the Bar so he can gain unfair advantage in his pending disciplinary proceeding) and well-intended, legitimate 199 requests. Supporting Jack's request doesn't make it easier for others who may have a real need for public records, it only makes it more difficult by treating equally the illegitimate and the legitimate.

If I was the Bar's records custdodian, I'd tell him to go pound sand with his 119 request.
  • 7/7/2008 3:09 PM JackDon'tKnowJack wrote:
    And, to boot, on my read of Florida's Sunshine Laws, the requestor of a public record doesn't get to specify the format, as Jack would, in which the record must be produced. That decision is left to the custodian. And there are many good reasons, I believe, not to produce the Bar's membership addresses in an electronic form, not the least of which is the ease with which the recipient could then use that production to create mailing lists with which to spam the Bar's membership with commercial solicitations. So, I believe the Bar would be well within the letter of law if it refused to produce in electronic form and instead printed its database to paper prior to production. Which not only increases Jack's costs (and legitimately so) but also puts him in no better position than had he reached for a bound copy of the Bar's Lawyer Directory in the first place.
  • 7/7/2008 3:56 PM Jack Thompson, Attorney wrote:
    I don't need much help, as my prayer is never "Lord, send me more friends." My prayer, instead, is "Lord send me more stupid enemies." That prayer is answered every single day in the person of the fabulous Floriduh Bar. Please note:

John B. Thompson, Attorney at Law
    5721 Riviera Drive
    Coral Gables, Florida 33146
    305-666-4366
    amendmentone@comcast.net

July 7, 2008

Jack Harkness, Executive Director
    Mary Ellen Bateman
    Florida Bar
    Tallahassee, Florida Via Fax to 850-561-5827

Florida Lawyers

Dear Mr. Harkness and Ms. Bateman:

I had the pleasure of speaking today with Ms. Kelly Bruce, who works in the Membership Records sector of The Florida Bar.

Ms. Bruce helpfully informs me that, as in the past with others, I am entitled, free of charge, to an electronic record of all members of The Florida Bar, since I am running for President-Elect of The Bar. This is terrific.

Please provide precisely that to me post haste.

Regards, Jack Thompson
  • 7/7/2008 11:11 PM Anonymous wrote:
    hoping the lord will send enemies with intelligence similar to your own? Asking the lord for something is attempting to change god's great plan. Such prayers will always go unheeded.
  • 7/8/2008 8:28 AM Anonymous wrote:
    You must be a member of the Florida Bar in order to run for President. By the time elections are held, you will be disbarred.
  • 7/8/2008 9:29 AM AdamasDraconis wrote:
    Well I can see where this is going. You going to play spammer now are you Jackie Boy?
  • 7/8/2008 2:32 PM The Three-Edged Sword wrote:
    You only hope for more dumb enemies because they are the only ones you can meet on a level playing field Jack

You claim you can judge a man by his enemies, and then walking around calling those enemies morons. What does that say for you Jack?

Frankly, I like having you as an 'enemy' though I wouldn't use that term, you do because you see this as some kind of 'battle' with 'fighting' and 'destruction', whereas I see it as a debate with 'points of view' and 'opinions', oddly enough, I'm supposedly the violent one...

I like having you as an enemy because you amuse me, you're like the organ grinders monkey, one minute your holding out a cap, the next minute you're pulling people's hair, no rhyme, reason or meaning to it.

For years now, I've heard you claim you are 'on the verge of victory' about so many issues that you ultimately lost, that I don't really see you as a challenge or threat, more like a show.

Part of me actually hopes you'll keep your license, not because I think you are fit to practice law, far from it, but because the sheer volume of inanity you generate is hilarious, but it seems to me the Florida Bar has enough on it's plate.

Certainly a man who spells 'Florida' as 'Floriduh' has far more issues to be concerned with than his career, especially when his length of service is higher than his apparent mental age.
  • 7/9/2008 3:39 PM Rodrigo Ybañez García wrote:
    Jack:

God is f*k*ng tired of you using His name in vain.

He is f*k*ng of you using His Son´s name like a excuse for being an SOB with every people who don´t want to think like you.

He is f*k*ng tired of you for being an a*ss and lie in TV when you don´t even have to lie if you really were working for avoid children to buy M rated games.

The fact is you don´t care about childre. You give a rat*a*ss for children. You just want attention, don´t matters what`s the cost.

God loves you, anyways, but He still think you are a retarded.
  • 7/24/2008 10:17 AM Austin_Lewis wrote:
    Actually, you need to be a member of the Bar in good standing, if memory serves.
    Obviously, Jack Thompson is not a member in good standing, given that he's about to be disbarred.