MEET JUDGE LOPANE

Nick Lopane and perennial finalist/good guy Raag Singhal

GM Nick Lopane has been appointed to replace John Frusciante on the circuit court.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE FINALISTS

Also:

Robert A. Butterworth
, 68, of Hollywood, attorney with Atkinson, Diner, Stone, Mankuta & Ploucha P.A., succeeding Arturo Alvarez, appointed for a term beginning September 1, 2010, and ending July 1, 2014 to the Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission.

• Trackbacks are closed for this post.
Comments
  • 9/1/2010 3:38 PM ontheequator wrote:
    Outstanding ... let's hope he gets assigned to the Dependency Division ... that's a win for the children of Broward.
  • 9/1/2010 3:43 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Trinchi still has juice even from the grave
  • 9/1/2010 3:47 PM happy wrote:
    Great news!
  • 9/1/2010 3:48 PM Rick Scott scared wrote:
    Rick Scott is running scared from Alex Sink.
  • 9/1/2010 4:11 PM Owl wrote:
    The first Rasmussen Reports post-primary survey of the Florida governor’s race finds Republican Rick Scott and Democrat Alex Sink in a close contest.

Scott, the winner of Tuesday’s bruising GOP Primary, earns the support of 41% of Likely Voters in the state, while Sink picks up 36% of the vote. Independent Bud Chiles runs a distant third with eight percent (8%). Five percent (5%) prefer some other candidate, and nine percent (9%) are undecided.

Earlier this month, prior to the primary, Scott posted a 35% to 31% lead over Sink, the state’s chief financial officer who faced only token opposition in Tuesday’s Democratic Primary. Chiles, who has worked in the non-profit sector and is the son of a former Democratic governor, picked up 16% support at that time.
  • 9/1/2010 4:18 PM Poor Raag wrote:
    Always a bridesmaid and never a bride.

I'm sure the boys in blue will stop giving you the big FU and let you get the brass ring some day.

NOT......
  • 9/1/2010 4:32 PM Courtbroom wrote:
    Judges Martin Manton , Barbuto Spechler , tom porteous , Gerald Garson and Mark Ciavarella are unning scared from THE PUBLIC INTEGRITY SQUAD ....... Just ask Mengele Mombach .
  • 9/1/2010 4:32 PM Local Lawyer wrote:
    Great news for all litigators in Broward. Where is he going to be sitting?
  • 9/1/2010 4:43 PM GET YOUR JQC COMPLAINTS wrote:
    HORRIBLE APPOINTMENT, GET READY FOR OPPOSITION WHEN YOU ARE UP. LOW-PAIN IS RUDE, DEGRADING AND NOT TO MENTION AN ASS. GET YOUR JQC COMPLAINT FORMS AND APPEAL PAPERWORK READY. STAFF GET READY FOR BAR COMPLAINTS. IS BROWARD REALLY THAT HARD UP FOR JUDGES.
  • 9/1/2010 4:52 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Indpdt Crist needed Dem support in his race for Senate.
    Don't hate the playa, hate the game.
  • 9/1/2010 5:00 PM Dear Bob wrote:
    Maybe Butterworth can put his buddy Satz on the Supreme Court and get him the hell out of Broward once and for all?

Retreat with dignity.

Help us Bob!
  • 9/1/2010 7:19 PM Anonymous wrote:
    All those years of kissing butt and still no brass ring for Raag? Some people just don't get it.
  • 9/1/2010 7:38 PM Anonymous wrote:
    I wonder if Ana Bannnanna has called Butterworth yet???
  • 9/1/2010 7:50 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Bad idea. This guy is a real turkey.
  • 9/1/2010 7:54 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Singhal's smile looks a little more strained each time.
  • 9/1/2010 8:00 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Getting Bob to get Satz on the State Supreme Court to get him out of Broward is a good idea, but it has one fundamental flaw. Satz is too old. They have mandatory retirement for judges at age 70. If Satz isn't 70 yet, he's real close. Too bad they don't have the same for state attorneys.
  • 9/1/2010 8:16 PM Go Nick wrote:
    Congratulations to a great person, our new Judge Nick Lopane. He is an excellent choice and will be an asset to the Broward Judiciary.
  • 9/1/2010 8:32 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Give me a break! Another bad joke. Sure to get opposed first time up.
  • 9/1/2010 8:34 PM Anonymous wrote:
    They all look like that when they get it handed to them at first. And then they get it handed to them.
  • 9/1/2010 8:44 PM Anonymous wrote:
    That's a win for the children of Broward. Oh yes sir indeedie,this was the best choice that could of ever been made. Don't get me wrong,
    no one will ever replace Judge Frusciante,I know for a fact Judge Lopane will walk in his shoes,for they truly love and takes care of the children, and makes sure they relize that dreams can come. I seen it with my two own eyes just the sounds of their names those children went nuts, AI thought we were never gonna sit down.
  • 9/1/2010 8:52 PM Anonymous wrote:
    no one will ever replace Judge Frusciante,I know for a fact Judge Lopane will walk in his shoes,for they truly love and takes care of the children, and makes sure they relize that dreams can come true. I seen it with my two own eyes just the sounds of their names those children went nuts, I thought we were never gonna sit down.
    And you know what they were worth every bit of it. The children of Broward could not been left in better hands. Amen. Good Luck JUDGE Lopane. That sounds so good. We the familys and children of Broward will miss Judge Frusciante.
  • 9/1/2010 10:27 PM KMA wrote:
    LOPANE IS A PIEICE OF CRAP. STOP POSTING ABOUT YOURSELF IDIOT, YOU JUST GOT THE APPOINTMENT. HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU RUN AND HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU APPLY. YOU ARE A HORRIBLE REPLACEMENT FOR FRUSCIANTE. CRIST STOP SMOKING TREES AND MAKING DECISIONS AFTER..... SAVE YOUR MONEY YOU WILL NEED IT FOR YOUR CAMPAIGN.
  • 9/1/2010 11:04 PM KMFA wrote:
    Hey 10:27 (aka Raag)

Don't be such a sore looser.

You're beginning to be as hateful and sound like Mardi Ann Levey Cohen Jingleheimerloseonemoretimeforthegipper. Karma like that will never let you win.

Nick Lopane is a great choice and addition to the judicial clean-up so greatly needed.

Time for you to move on and prepare for your next loss. Nick is in, you're not - get over it!
  • 9/1/2010 11:06 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Put Lopane in criminal. see how long he lasts.
  • 9/1/2010 11:24 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Congrats Nick. You will do a fine job!
  • 9/2/2010 8:33 AM Lopane Congrats wrote:
    Lopan is a great guy - Raag is as well. However, Raag has to understand he will not get appointed having represented a cop killer. The police opposition to his appointment is strong, ever present and ultimately reaches the ear of the Governor every time. Very unfortunate. He would make another fine judge.
  • 9/2/2010 8:53 AM Raag Singhal wrote:
    I've never believed in posting anonymously, although I understand the right of others to do so. It's quite interesting, however, when others post anonymously and falsely use someone's name.

I have posted on this blog twice, now for a third time, each time using my name. The first time was in support of Stacy Ross' appointment and the appointment process in general. The second was in reference to my friend Tom Powers being charged for a crime he did not commit, only 28 days after the alleged incident, despite the fact that the videotaped crime of a cadre of Hollywood police officers went uncharged a full year after that incident. This is my third post.

For whatever my detractors think of me, it is wrong to falsely use my name and say I am upset by the appointment of my friend Nick Lopane. I have known Nick for ten years, and congratulate him on his efforts, on reaching his goal, and on never giving up. He will be an excellent Judge and I do hope he is assigned eventually to Criminal Court where I will have the chance to practice in front of him.

By the way, if anyone watched the Marlins game last night, you would have seen me in the stands (and on the large scoreboard), not posting on the blog. As far as my "strained smile" goes, according to a previous poster, it will never be strained. As one who has been blessed to have a beautiful life both in and out of the courthouse, I will always have much about which to smile. Finally, if anyone has any questions about my perseverance, come run with me this Saturday. I'm doing fifty miles, and I'll be smiling during that too.

As Oscar Wilde said, "the only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about." Thanks KMFA for all the attention.
  • 9/2/2010 9:03 AM disenchanted wrote:
    to RAAG and othere, i had a drink with the detective who was in charge of the police shooting that u were involved in, he told me u were a gentleman and he did, in fact, write a letter of support for you to the governor. i believe your prime opposition comes from certain elements in the hollywood PD who are not happy with you not for your representation of the police killer but your avid representation of f those abused by police in that area. good luck you will make a great judge someday.
  • 9/2/2010 9:31 AM Insider wrote:
    To 9:03 - That's the faction. Again, Raag - you are a class act. I do hope you get it one day.
  • 9/2/2010 9:55 AM Go lopane wrote:
    Nicl lopane will be an excellent judge, there is just so much jealousy. Don't forget people you can always run against finklestein.
  • 9/2/2010 10:42 AM Way Overdue wrote:
    CONGRATS TO "JUDGE" LOPANE!!!!! He is a good man and has done a ton more than most of the haters here could ever hope to accomplish!!! He will make an outstanding judge wherever he's assigned.
    For those of you already planning his demise come election time, think long and hard about it. LoPane has a great deal of respect in the legal community and in this county. Go chase some of the other folks that have no business being judges or even lawyers for that matter.
    Go get'em Nick-You're gonna be great-don't listen to the haters on this blog-do what you always do-continue to act with class, dignity and honor as you have always done!!
  • 9/2/2010 11:51 AM Anonymous wrote:
    This is what I like and love about Judge
    Lopane He ain't no sell out. I remember one time a DCF worker took a child home with her,and the child ended up with the worker son off with her head it came,She was fired, he always puts the children first, that big man rose out of that chair and it was light out. He do not play the radio when it comes to the kizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs, kidz. Put him with the children they know him well.
    Iam sitting here know looking at him and Judge Frusciante Picture's with the children know,Yes they are on my wall of fame. Always very honable,alway nice,repectful no matter what. Don't listen to the haters judge Lopane, I'm glad you did not make judge util know,with Judge frusciante leaving time could of not been perfect, someone else would of never worked, you both really bonded well with the family's and children of Broward. That job is hard to fill a pro has filled the position
    best choice was made Good Luck Judge Lopane where every you land.
  • 9/2/2010 11:57 AM Anonymous wrote:
    Please tell me you are not a government worker. Trying to read your post was nearly impossible.