JNC PICK SIX

The following six names were sent to Rick Scott today for consideration to replace Stacy Ross on the county court:

1.) Mari Blumstein

2.) Susan Hugentugler

3.) Dan Kanner

4.) Giuseppina Miranda

5.) Abbe Rifkin

6.) Richard Sachs

JNC Notice

• No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments
  • 9/23/2013 5:43 PM NoDiversityIn17th wrote:
    Such diversity!! Once again jnc shows they have no interest in a diverse bench
  • 9/23/2013 6:15 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Weak list.
  • 9/23/2013 7:08 PM Me again wrote:
    Oy vey. I'll take a Hug and Tug for 20 Alex.
  • 9/23/2013 7:45 PM Dick Sacks wrote:
    See I told you I know the right people politically to get appointed to be a judge and every thought I was kidding, I can feel it coming on "Black Robe Fever" no more kick me in my nut sacks.

I will keep everyone posted on my after party!!
  • 9/23/2013 8:22 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Good list. Everyone more than qualified for this county court seat. All have vast legal and life exdperiences. Good luck to all the candidates.
  • 9/23/2013 8:29 PM Anonymous wrote:
  • 9/23/2013 10:39 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Judge Rifkin. She couldn't make the Circuit so they'll let her play in the minors.
  • 9/23/2013 11:11 PM I Have A Dream wrote:
    Hey 5:43

You argue the selection should be based on "diversity"?!!

This isn't a college admission thing where blacks are allowed in with lower test scores and grades - it's a job that determines life & death, you know, liberty 'stuff'

I applaud the cmte for not choosing based on race -as that would be PLAINLY RACIST.

Try actually LISTENING to MLK's words: I dream of a day when people will be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
  • 9/24/2013 8:05 AM Al wrote:
    Surprised JNC was able to submit 6 names.
  • 9/24/2013 11:01 AM Jack Thompson Re Judges wrote:
    Frankly, who cares who is going to be on the bench that is "new?" We Americans labor under what has become a royal, imperious judiciary, at all levels. The Florida Bar picks and then determines who will sit on the bench, at all levels, even the federal bench. The JQC, largely through the influence of The Florida Bar, protects corrupt and incompetent judges and then hectors those judges who are politically incorrect according to The Bar.

We have political operatives and hacks sitting on the the Florida Supreme Court as ironically named "Justices." Charles Canady is a political hack, and so is Barbara Pariente on the other side of the partisan divide.

So when Bill Gelin, with good intent, tells us who is going to be in line to be on the bench, well, good for him, but literally who cares or more accurately: Who should care? The answer: nobody. The problem is the elevation of the judicial branch of government to the position of the one branch of government that is above the other two, with what The Bar calls "judicial independence," which is a phrase that means judicial insulation from any democratic impulse and accountability whatsoever.

So as to who is in line for what judicial post, or fiefdom, or whatever you want to call it, who in Hell cares? I don't. I say we start over again with a new Florida Constitution that deals with the problem that The Florida Bar is running this state and is in fact the tail that wags even the judicial dog. Woof! Jack Thompson
  • 9/24/2013 11:47 AM anonymous aka Ted Danson wrote:
    Hugentugler?? She's not even the best lawyer in her office.
    I would take Kathy George over anyone on this list.
  • 9/24/2013 3:21 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Kanner has the juice, sorry Judge Kanner has the juice on this one.
  • 9/24/2013 4:10 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Kanner or Blumstein
  • 9/24/2013 8:13 PM Anonymous wrote:
    But Kanner is like an ASA in a defense attorney's clothing.

I mean, he's a suck up who never goes to trial.
  • 9/24/2013 8:27 PM Anonymous wrote:
    I c Horowitz' squeeze made it out! Who do these people think they're foolin anyway ? And they call it a merit appointment? She must be good at somethin !
  • 9/24/2013 8:43 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Small consolation---a County seat for honey in place of the 4th DCA which is where he was headed once upon a time.
  • 9/29/2013 4:22 PM Hear it LOUD wrote:
    GO Giuseppina Miranda!! If I had to sit and listen to Mari Blumstein on the bench all day, I'd slit my wrists (aside from ZERO personality)
  • 10/2/2013 11:59 AM family lawyer wrote:
    Yes, she certainly does something good. Her job. She is an excellent magistrate and we are lucky to have her in the family court. I and many other family lawyers support her.
  • 10/4/2013 7:57 AM OneWhoWasThere wrote:
    Gee, what happened to that sour-faced Ms. Rosen? Lol
  • 10/4/2013 8:06 PM W. Clermont wrote:
    Go Abbe Rifkin.
  • 11/21/2013 10:44 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Poor Abbe. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
  • 11/26/2013 11:53 AM bad lifestyle speaker wrote:
    On Wall Street, fraudulent schemes tend to thrive during economic booms, and to blow up when times turn tough.